Wednesday, June 20, 2007

wow


Wow. First...it is fun to read your comments...so thanks for them. It's almost like getting to talk to y'all ... ... almost.




Wow. So...a lot has happened. Wiehan is still traveling with me...and now we are in Tiberias. We spent 3 nights in Eilat... I went snorkeling. It was amazing...snorkeling on the Red Sea. Then we crossed over into the Sinai (Egypt) ... and that ... that was an adventure. Wiehan was only given a 3 day visa ... since he's a South African ... so our time in the Sinai was a little limited.




So. If I could give any advice to Sam or Julia or anyone else traveling to Israel ... and maybe thinking about going to the Sinai...well. It is like crack...just don't do it. The buses are unreliable and inconsistent. So. We wound up spending much money on taxis ...but...long story short.... we wound up climbing Mt. Sinai ... at 2am ...so we were at the top in time to see the sunrise. ...




Check out the pictures.













Here's some other stuff that has happened.




Swimming in the Kidron Valley springs with Bill Ibex and his kids and friends...and some local Israelis.










Wading through Hezekiah's Tunnel.



ok... maybe more later.
low battery ... gotta go.
love you all.
ps - sam and julia ... don't put your head underwater at the Dead Sea.
love
eli

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh dear, i am such a goose, i did not realize i could leave comments, lol.

those pictures are awesome!! YAY!!

keep having an awesome time and be good.

ok, bye

Mike said...

Eli - you seem to be following in some of the steps I have taken. I climbed to the top of Har Sinai (Jebel Mousa) in 1972 and I also swam in the waters off Eilat that year. The buses were perhaps more reliable back then - Egged Express we called it ... I only traveled by bus as I could never afford taxis. You must have wealthy parents.

Much love, dad

Anonymous said...

Hey, you mentioned about the dead sea, and I got some soap made from the mud at the dead sea. It kinda stinks, but it sure helps with acne!