Hello far away world.
I'm still in Jerusalem ... but staying at the house of some believers now...it is very special. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be here ... but for now, I get free housing, good food, and even a bed that doesn't have stuff crawling in it ... (even the best sleep sack can only protect you so much from the hostel beds lol).
But yes, I thought I would post some pictures on here ... that way you can all feel like I actually love you.
A View of Haifa from the Louis Promenade
The Bah'ai Shrine and Gardens
A View of the Mediteranean from the slope of Mt. Carmel
Some Locals at the Nazareth Village
Eli Chillin' with the Carpenter at the Village
Reading a Scroll of Luke 4 in a Reconstructed Synagogue
So. Traveling ... is something special.
I am looking forward (very much) to being with Miriam and my Dad in Germany soon. It has really kept me going through all of the traveling.
I love you all. See some of you soon.
love,
eli
7 comments:
Wow Eli, you must be the coolest looking person in Israel if you always look like you do in the picture with the carpenter!! You are now on my Coolest Looking People list with Indiana Jones and Neo!
Hope your trip was everything you were expecting and so much more!!
Much love,
Miles
yeah ... at the nazareth villiage ... the guy hesitated at first to take me on a tour because he thought that i was actually an israeli soldier lol.
... i think israeli soldier is stretching it a bit ...
but hey ... if it means they don't harass me as much in the markets ...
eli!!!! I'm so proud of you.
I know what it's like to be homesick for family and stuff. it gets a little lonely here sometimes. But the believers here are way awesome, and have really made me feel like i'm safe and at home.
oh and i sympathize with you about the word "christian." it is such a different world here...everyone has jesus stickers everywhere, and shirts that say "my god, sacrifice for me, his life is mine, new life in his death...etc" but no one knows what it means. like no one. we're doin this survey...most of the people dont even know if jesus is dead or alive. most say dead. its horrible.
but God is a conquering warrior, and the victory is in the light. I know you have done great things this summer, even if it is only to learn a different side of the coin. Remember, change in YOUR life is just as important as YOU helping bring change to OTHERS'. i think i forget that a lot.
well anyways, have a great rest of your summer. will you keep blogging in germany? i hope so.
Eli...?
you went to israel?
just kiddin!
i love you!
Jesus loves you!
One day we will meet again!
Im super excited to hear how life is going!
I also love you beard... and it makes you look very at home there in israel. that is one stylish beard!
love,
steven
The beard may be stylish in the photos ... but when falafel gets all stuck in it, it is much less enchanting lol.
Post a Comment