Well. Quite a lot has happened.
After Tiberias, I went to Haifa, on the Mediteranean Sea. Spent a day seeing Mt. Carmel, Elijah's Cave ... swimming in the "Great Sea." Took a day trip from Haifa and went to Nazareth ... which was very special. In Nazareth ... there is the "Nazareth Village" ... which is this villiage that they have recreated using only the tools and materials that would've been available in Jesus' day. And then people just live there, living like that....weaving by hand, building using the hammers and nails and everything that they would've had. It is really authentically done also ... not just some knock off. And seeing it ... and seeing how they would thresh, or how they would keep wine...or how they would care for a vineyard ... brings a lot of substance to the parables.
Nazareth was special.
But now...it's Jerusalem once again. It is just right to come back here. There's a little over a week left in my trip ... and I want to spend a Shabbat in Jerusalem ... which means I needed to come back now. ... and it is just right. I'm hoping to get to just relax and reflect on things that have happened.
So - that's where I'm at now ... and I am loving it. I really miss my family ... I'll be soooooo ... soooooo happy to see Miriam in Germany ... ... soooo happy. And maybe sometime later I can post some pictures.
But for now. ...
Peace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment