Thursday, July 5, 2007

I Miss My Family and Friends

Hello people who look at my pictures and read my stories. I like you too.

I am oh so excited to get to see my little sister in Germany soon. I have ... 3 more nights in Israel ... then I get to be with Miriam and my Dad it will all be good.

I am still staying with this Believing family in Jerusalem. They are housing/feeding me for free. It is their ministry...they just open up their home and then take whoever stays with them on tours.


I am thankful for it and them.


The other day we went to the House of the High Priest Caiaphas, where Jesus was first taken and 'tried' after his arrest. The house itself is not there. A 'church' now stands where it did. But there are caves underneath the house...that are/were prisons. You could tell because the columns of the caves have these holes drilled through them, so that they could chain people to the columns. There are also holes hollowed out of the high part of the wall, as if to chain someones arms up to beat them.

All of this is archaeoligically dating back to the time of Jesus. He was imprisoned in that dungeon, chained in those spots, and thrown into that pit.



We sat in the pit and sang "How Great Thou Art"







what can wash away my sin

nothing but the blood of Jesus

3 comments:

Steven D said...

Thank You Jesus for being a good God who loves Your people... You indeed give Your people good gifts.

"Then sings my soul my Savior God to Thee. How great Thou art. How great Thou art!"

I went to Chicago to visit the semenary. I feel pretty concerning it. My pastor and youth pastor took me to visit Truett. I liked it alot.

However during my prayers God has said "Wait for the right time." I'm not too sure what that means. Perhaps you could be praying for me... praying that i will have the patients and the wisdom to know what He desires. Thanks bro.
I love you.

"Come Lord Jesus!"

Steven D said...

i feel pretty "wierd" concerning it.

eli said...

oh steven darst.

how i do miss you.

i cannot wait to see (and hopefully tag along) in how God uses you to change the world.

i told my friends in Israel here that if they ever hear/read of steven darst ... just to remember that i knew him first lol.

no, in all seriousness ... if you seek Him, you will find Him ... ... and i'm also convinced God is more concerned with how we live now than what 'place' we go to next.

it will be good. ... or ... "yiheyeh tov" ...

i love you. wait to see you again.